Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Planning half my wedding in 3 weeks: Have Your Cake & Eat It, Too.


Dress = Check.

Photography = Check.

Cake = Here we go!




Absolutely the most tasty part of my trip back to the States. Choosing our cake vendor was no contest. My mom had only one request: that the guests would actually eat the cake.

If you're from Athens, Georgia, have ever lived in Athens, Georgia, or even have visited Athens, Georgia- you've heard of the small, hole in the wall shop on Milledge Avenue: Cecilia Villaveces Cakes...or at least The Last Resort Grill (well renowned for their dessert selection from Cecilia's).

As soon as my mom and I checked out the price sheet, we were sold. These decadent cakes are comparable to generic brands in price but top of the line in taste.

After our appointment with the manager, we hopped on over to The Last Resort Grill in downtown Athens with our 5 free samples coupon. Then, we preceded to eat cake for breakfast. 



I'm going to let you in on a secret-- since we are in love with almost all of the flavors the Cecilia's has to offer, we've figured out a way to have a large variety at the wedding:

Each tier will be a different flavor & we'll have small sheet cakes in the back with all different flavors as well. You can check out all of their different cakes & flavors: here

So come hungry for cake because it is going to be good




Some cake design ideas that I adore...














No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me a note!

Follow on Bloglovin