Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ending October the right way!

As October quickly came to a close last week, here are a few of the fun things that I did to end the month with a bang!

Another fun activity that made my kids more excited for Language Arts than they ever have been before--


Touchy-Feely, Creepy-Crawly, Halloween Boxes:


You guessed it, I made boxes of some of the grossest, creepiest Halloween things around. 
After giving the secret things in boxes a good feel, the kids had to use as many adjectives that they could find to describe what they felt. 
It was a great way to get them enthusiastically writing!


I'll let you in on the secret ingredients:

1. Bat Bones: pretzels
2. Worms: spaghetti & oil
3. Lizard Lips: sugar coated gum drops
4. Witch Toes: mini (and very "warty") pickles
5. Brains: scrambled eggs 
6. Zombie Tongues: canned, sliced, mushrooms




(yes this is from the same child who wrote a math word problem
about boogers earlier in the year…)

Then we got to enjoy a few adorable, healthy Halloween snacks for our class celebration.

Banana Ghosts! (with chocolate chip faces)

Mandarin Orange Pumpkins


And not to be out done by my students, I made sure to dress up for the occasion as well. 
Ok, ok, let's be real. I LOVE to dress up. 
Halloween is just a good excuse to do it!

Scuba diving with my shark counterpart:

The whole suit.

I hope that you had the fabulous October that I had & Happy November!!!




26 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how fu!! I love these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That activity looks so fun! You and Ashley were adorable...love the costumes

    ReplyDelete
  3. kopiene klokker til salgs, kombinerer elegant stil og banebrytende teknologi, en rekke stiler på kopiene klokker omega til salgs, går pekeren mellom din eksklusive smaksstil.

    ReplyDelete

Write me a note!

Follow on Bloglovin