Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Reception Shendigs


The reception was an elegant, but fun affair. 

From candles in teacups to champagne and the hot chocolate bar, we basked in the ambiance, enjoyed some really great toasts, & filled our bellies.



[Cake by Cecila Villaveces Cakes in Athens, GA] 
[handmade sign by my bridesmaid, Laura McKinnon]


[seating chart]
[programs & madlibs]
[hot chocolate bar]

[S'mores trail-mix favors]




[the estate table]





The entrance:

This was so much fun! My cousin, and phenomenal musician, Pat, announced the beginning of the reception with my favorite 'The University of Georgia Battle Hymn' [if you don't know it, listen to it here]. This song is played at the beginning of every UGA football game and it gives me chills every time. It was only fitting to incorporate our love for the Dawgs into our reception! 


Reception Entrance Song:  
You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oats.



First Dance Song: 'Home' by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes 




[my parents giving the welcome & the blessing]





[my sister & MOH giving her toast]


[the future Mr. & Mrs. Borgognoni]
[Kyle, the Best Man, giving his toast!]
[Cake by Cecila Villaveces Cakes in Athens, GA]

The Cake:

My mom and I had the opportunity to go and taste the variety of flavors the Cecilia's had to offer, and let me tell you-- it was not any easy choice…hence why we ended up getting 5 different flavors! Our cake wasn't going to be enough to feed the whole crowd so we had a few sheet cakes hiding in the kitchen… ;) Although I didn't get to try all the flavors, I heard they were a hit! 

McCray realized about a year before our wedding that he had never had a piece of wedding cake before. Yes, he was a wedding cake virgin. Since we were engaged when he made this realization, he decided (despite the 4+ weddings in between) to forgo all wedding cakes until our big day. As we cut our cake (which we should have practiced//it's not as easy as it looks) and put a bite into one another's mouths… we tried to smile for the camera… But honestly, it was really bad! The top layer must have been a mishap as other slices were a great improvement, but I will never forget the look on McCray's face when his hopes and dreams of losing his wedding cake virginity to the perfect slice were crushed. 


Father-Daughter Dance Song: 'Little One' by Chicago 



Mother-Son Dance Song: 'I Knew What I Was Getting Into' by Misty Edwards




[my grandma dancing with HER son, my uncle, during the mother-son dance!]






[lol]


[some of my dear high school friends- celebrating over a decade of friendship!]
[part of my adorable sorority family- what a blessing they are to me!]
[McCray's college crew!]
[the tossing]


It would be a lie to say I remember every minute of the reception as well as I do the ceremony- but what I do remember was being surrounded and well loved by some of my favorite people.

For more wedding fun-- check back soon for family photos, coming up next!

If you missed them: check out our gatsby rehearsal dinnerwedding morningfirst look, & ceremony

10 comments:

  1. You look absolutely STUNNING!! I adore every detail!!! So glad we're sharing the same season of life, sweet friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I love: The photo of the coffee mug (seriously perfect!), the Ben Rector quote, and the Battle Hymn. Looks like such a fun reception!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were served a blood orange intermezzo which was divine. For our dinner we served Filet Mignon with a cognac sauce. People still are talking about the food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repliche orologi italia , che combina uno stile elegante e una tecnologia all'avanguardia, una varietà di stili di Repliche orologi bell-and-ross italia , il puntatore cammina tra il tuo stile di gusto esclusivo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pero el Dr. Itua, practicante tradicional de hierbas en África, ha curado el VIH/cáncer que se extrae de algunas hierbas raras. Existe un gran potencial para curar el SIDA y el cáncer al 100% sin dejar residuos. La medicina herbal del Dr. Itua ya ha revisado varios blogs sobre cómo usa sus poderosas hierbas para curar todo tipo de dolencias como. Herpes, VIH, enfermedad de Cushing, insuficiencia cardíaca, esclerosis múltiple, hipertensión, cáncer colorrectal, diabetes, hepatitis, VPH, erección débil enfermedad de Lyme, cáncer de sangre, enfermedad de Alzheimer, cáncer de cerebro, cáncer de mama, cáncer de pulmón, VIH_cáncer de riñón, herpes, EPOC, glaucoma, cataratas, degeneración macular, enfermedad cardiovascular, enfermedad pulmonar, agrandamiento de la próstata, osteoporosis, enfermedad de Alzheimer,

    Demencia, removedor de verrugas, herpes labial, epilepsia, también su refuerzo inmunológico a base de hierbas. Digo esto porque él está usando su medicina a base de hierbas para curarme de la hepatitis B y el VIH con los que he estado viviendo durante 9 meses sin efectos secundarios. La medicina herbal es igual de buena cuando la bebo, aunque tengo que usar el baño después de beberla, lo cual realmente no me importa porque solo quiero sacar el virus de mi cuerpo, recomendaría al Dr. Itua a cualquiera. que está enfermo aquí para contactar al Dr. Itua con la siguiente información.

    Correo electrónico...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com /
    Tienda en línea https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/
    Es posible que tarde en responder porque siempre está ocupado con las patentes, pero seguramente se pondrá en contacto con usted con una respuesta positiva.

    ReplyDelete

Write me a note!

Follow on Bloglovin