Friday, April 5, 2013

Grow Where You're Planted!

My dear friends, family, & anyone else who happens to be reading along--


Let me introduce you to Melissa. Melissa is one of my sorority littles, one of my bridesmaids in my wedding next January, and one of my best friends! She is a bundle of love, joy, and fun stories that she can't wait to share. Just when I was feeling like I would never see any of my Georgian friends ever again, Melissa arrived on my doorstep! Let me tell you about how she helped me explore more of the Rich Coast (That's Costa Rica in English for those of you who are slow on the uptake). 


When she arrived Friday afternoon, I couldn't believe my eyes! Melissa was here, in person, at my school. When she walked into my classroom, she instantly became a celebrity. The kids gave a few cute guesses about who she was (your sister? your cousin? oh I know! the sister of the boy you're going to marry?). Then, this dear lady helped me get through the worst part of the entire school week: Friday afternoon. 


Once we had pushed the last kiddo out the door, we headed on to San Jose to catch a bus to Ciudad Quesada and then another bus from there to La Fortuna. When we arrived at the bus stop, we were greeted by a taxi driver who told us that we would be too late to catch the connecting bus in Ciudad Quesada. I believe that this was probably a lie, but nonetheless we were happy for an excuse to get to our final destination faster. Melissa eloquently haggled the taxi price and then we were on our way!

When we got to La Fortuna, we directed our taxi driver to one of the nicest resorts in town:  



When we arrived, they greeted us by name, gave us a tour, and complimentary cocktails. We did the best that we could not to squeal until the door to our room closed behind us. We were in heaven! This was potentially the nicest place that either of us had ever stayed.


You may be wondering how we could possibly afford a room that cost $600 a night? Well, you may remember when I mentioned how I met the owner of La Paz Waterfall Gardens. As it turns out- he owns the The Springs Resort and Spa as well! So we were blessed with a complimentary night and day at the resort to enjoy the 20+ hot springs as well as all the resort accommodations. See for yourself!


















After our luxurious nights' stay and day spent in the hot springs, we were exhausted. Who knew relaxing could be so tiresome? We spent one more night in La Fortuna at a hostel and even had the chance to check out the sketchy local discoteca! Sunday morning we took a bus to Ciudad Quesada and then a connector to San Jose. On our way from Ciudad Quesada to San Jose, we lucked out got the last two tickets! Or so we thought. Unfortunately, that meant sitting on the floor. But, we just laughed, worked our way back to the stair well, sat down, and enjoyed the ridiculous experience. 

It wasn't easy saying goodbye to Melissa the next day. I felt a pang of homesickness that I don't think I have ever felt before. But, as she often does, Melissa left me with one piece of valuable advice--

"Grow where you're planted"

God wants me to be effective where I am, with the people that I am surrounded by. No matter how I feel at one time or another, I am supposed to be here and I am growing.

"Each of you should continue to live in whatever situation the Lord has placed you, and remain as you were when God first called you." 
1 Corinthians 7:17




1 comment:

  1. replique de luxe montres, combinant un style élégant et une technologie de pointe, une variété de styles de Repliche orologi audemars-piguet italia , le pointeur se place entre votre style gustatif exclusif.

    ReplyDelete

Write me a note!

Follow on Bloglovin